So the 4th and 5th have week have been the worst. I've completely dropped trying to be vegetarian. It's not fun. It's gross as a matter of fact. BUT, I do believe it's a very good lifestyle for those willing to go through the trial and tribulation of a sudden diet change.
Recently I read an article by Colin Robertson, discussing how to change habits or normal behavior. He spoke about 6 different ways to incorporate a new behavior into your life as a habit. Those being:
For me, I think what I lacked in trying to develop this habit was general structure. Having meals available to me every day was just something I couldn't achieve. I think this is why so many other people give up on being vegetarian. I mean looking at an article posted by Quartz, red meat consumption in America was around, "222 pounds per person". Without a system that allows us to replace this mass with vegetarian options, how can we be expected to change our diets?
This is why after reading over his justifications, I think the best way to adopt a behavior is to stay as knowledgable as possible about whatever you're trying to adopt. At least if I'm trying to convince other people. For me being
Recently I read an article by Colin Robertson, discussing how to change habits or normal behavior. He spoke about 6 different ways to incorporate a new behavior into your life as a habit. Those being:
- Willpower
- Knowledge & Skills
- Social Motivation
- Social Ability
- Structural Motivation
- and Structural Ability
For me, I think what I lacked in trying to develop this habit was general structure. Having meals available to me every day was just something I couldn't achieve. I think this is why so many other people give up on being vegetarian. I mean looking at an article posted by Quartz, red meat consumption in America was around, "222 pounds per person". Without a system that allows us to replace this mass with vegetarian options, how can we be expected to change our diets?
This is why after reading over his justifications, I think the best way to adopt a behavior is to stay as knowledgable as possible about whatever you're trying to adopt. At least if I'm trying to convince other people. For me being
I agree that it is really hard, but beneficial. nice title, I bet someone smart gave it to you.
ReplyDeleteDo you have an idea that can be a alternative of meat and can help people change their diets?
ReplyDeleteI love how you naturally incorporated the 6 ways a person can change into the natural flow and explanation of your failure in this post! Keep it up kiddo! (*o*)
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing! I wonder if there are any call to actions you could write about to help readers and inspire them to follow the same path!
ReplyDeleteSo are you going to start being a vegetarian again...or is this it....?
ReplyDeleteWill you ever think about actually trying to be vegetarian?
ReplyDeleteI am pretty sure that there alternatives to red meat but they just aren't as marketable to the average american. I think that if companies made more ads for meat alternatives then there would be a spike in the amount of people that would take on a vegetarian diet.
ReplyDelete-Oscar
What do you mean "Red meat consumption in America was around a 222 pounds per person"?
ReplyDelete