Who likes vegetarians? They're annoying, pretentious, and always shoving the fact that they're vegetarian in everyone's face. But I'm trying it now. To join this club of supremacy and gain my birth written vegetarian powers. Why? Because of the environmental impact vegetarians have.
Reflecting on my 1st week.
I began my quest in obtaining my vegetarian powers this past Monday, I went to the store and bought a whole bunch of vegetarian snacks, power foods, and of course vegetables, none of which looked at all appetizing. But after taking an extended nap, it was very late and I needed to make a quick dinner so I could be in bed w/ enough sleep for the next day. I had bought just the product for this. Morning Star's "Chik Patties". They had looked appetizing enough and were a very quick meal. BUT there was one drawback. IT WASN'T REAL MEAT. The patty had this offsetting texture and the flavor was almost too processed.
But I didn't mind. Being someone who's usually on a very tight schedule, frozen foods and fast foods tend to be a major part of my meal plan.
Benefits.
By going vegetarian I will be decreasing my carbon-footprint by excluding myself from the animal agricultural industry which is an energy-intensive process. As a matter of fact, according to epa.gov, “9%” of the United States’ total greenhouse gas emissions come from the agriculture industry. The slaughtering of livestock like pork and beef result in the release of environmentally harmful fossil fuels By not buying processed meats I’m lowering my ecological footprint. I also discovered after reading a Harvard health article, that there are also a multitude of benefits for my personal health.
- Reduce the risk of developing colon cancer.
- Vegetarians have the lowest average body mass index.

Citations?
ReplyDeleteLook over, added the links.
DeleteGood tone, comedic and fun, is very engaging
ReplyDeleteHave there been any negatives to your health?
ReplyDeletewere there any other challenges that you faced with vegetarians?
ReplyDeletewhat made you want to be a vegetarian only 4/7 days a week?
ReplyDeleteI agree with your post about how being vegetarian is good for the environment, but I see there are only benefits listed of being vegetarian. Do you notice any cons of being a vegetarian so far?
ReplyDeletedid you have times where you were starving because you couldn't eat anything but vegetables and some places didn't have vegetarian options?
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI like the way your blog post is formatted. Is there anyone in you family a vegan other than you?
ReplyDeleteNow that I think about it, that is very true about vegetarians. They're very vocal about their eating habit, sometimes to the point where it's annoying. I respect the fact that you're indulging yourself within a community you once despised, in the name of science. I enjoyed the "Benefits." part of your blog, it's really making me rethink my meat-eating habits. I didn't know that agriculture was responsible for 9% of the United States's total greenhouse gas emissions! However, for me to join you in being vegetarian, I'll need more convincing.
ReplyDeleteI agree with everything here. Although I do see myself trying to stay true to what I believe. Which is that eating meat is good but also that being vegetarian is not so bad. I also really like the tone and format of this blog. Great job.
ReplyDeletewhy choose being vegetarian over being vegan
ReplyDeleteI think how you formatted your post is very helpful and engaging. your tone also pulls people in. But how has this affectedin a negative or positive way?
ReplyDeleteI think it's awesome how you very much dislike vegetarians, but you have the guts to try it. Also maybe you could ask more questions to yourself and answer them.
ReplyDelete